Saturday, October 31, 2009

First Encounters

If you've never had reflexology you could find yourself somewhat surprised at the results. My first encounter was strictly by chance. I hadn't booked an appointment, in fact I'd never even heard of the practice. It was with some reluctance that I gave my feet over to a visitor in my home.  At that point in my life I was working 60+ hours a week in the emergency department of a Vancouver hospital and would have said that I was in excellent health. The practitioner performing reflexology on my feet almost had me in tears, I had to beg that the session end. But 30 minutes after the session ceased  I was hit by what I can only call an energy wave. It started at my feet and ascended rapidly to my head. The energy level was remarkable. I felt supercharged I was excited with an enthusiasm for life that I hadn't recalled feeling in years.
I was ready to take on anything.
I hadn't even realized that I wasn't operating at peak capacity anymore.
The feeling of wellbeing I experienced left me with the distinct impression that feeling 'fine' was a choice. I definately prefered feeling 'great'.
Please remember that my practice at that time was as an experienced hospital based RN. I was baffled. Where was the science? The science behind why I would feel a renewal of life, a felling that persisted for at least a week. How could pressure on my feet be so profound and what else could reflexology do?
That was 15 years ago.
I'll give you a bit of the theory in future posts and encourage you to find the practioner that suits your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment